And the Cow says “MOOOOO!”
Our monthly curriculum theme for March is: Farming and Farm Animals! Each week at Watch Me Grow, the teachers focus on a different topic pertaining to the month’s theme.
This month your child learns about life on the farm, the job of a farmer, animals that live on a farm and how to care for farm animals! They’ll also learn how farming and farm animals affect their own daily lives.
The children are introduced to new vocabulary words such as agriculture, harvest, pasture and tractor. They will play games, read stories and sing songs to help them learn more information about the theme.
- Sense of self: Expressing initiative.
- Creative representation: Pretending.
- Movement: Moving parts of the body and moving the whole body.
- Communication and Language: Listening and responding. Communicating interests nonverbally.
- Exploration and Early Logic: Exploring objects and exploring categories.
- Initiative: Expressing initiative.
- Social relations: Relating to adults.
- Creative representation: Making and building models.
- Movement and Music: Moving in various ways. Moving with objects.
- Language and Literacy: Listening and understanding speech. Using vocabulary.
- Mathematics and Science: Sorting objects. Identifying patterns. Comparing properties.
Color of the month: Red
Shape of the month: Triangle
Letters of the month: E and F
Numbers of the month: 5 and